Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Medal of Honor Winner Speaks About Torture

Medal of Honor POW lists torture he endured

Medal of Honor recipient speaks of torture

George E. Day

Born February 24, 1925 (1925-02-24) (age 84)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Col_George_Day_1987.jpghttp://en..wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Airforce_moh.jpg
Col. Day in dress uniform.

Nickname

Bud

Place of birth

Sioux City, Iowa

Allegiance

United States of America

Service/branch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Seal_of_the_US_Air_Force.svgUnited States Air Force
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Department_of_the_Army_Seal.svgUnited States Army
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USMC_logo.svgUnited States Marine Corps

Years of service

1942 - 1945 (Marine Corps)
1945 - 1950 (Army) 1950 - 1977 (Air Force)

Rank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US-O6_insignia.svgColonel

Battles/wars

World War II
Korean War
Vietnam War

Awards

Medal of Honor
Air Force Cross
Air Force Distinguished Service Medal
Silver Star
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross
Bronze Star (4) with Combat "V"
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Purple Heart (4)
Air Medal (10)
Prisoner of War Medal

Other work

Author, Return with Honor
Partner, Day and Meade Law Firm


I got shot down over
North Vietnam in 1967,

a Squadron Commander.
After I returned in 1973...I published two books that dealt a lot with "real torture" in
Hanoi .

Our make believe president is branding our country as a bunch of torturers when

he has no idea what torture is.
As for me, put thru a mock execution because I would not respond... pistol whipped on the head...same event...

Couple of days later.... hung by my feet all day.

I escaped and a couple of weeks later,

I got shot and recaptured.

Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.
They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick, trick...almost pulled my arms out of the sockets.

Beat me on the head with a little wooden rod

until my eyes were swelled shut,

and my unshot, unbroken hand a pulp.
Next day hung me by the arms...

rebroke my right wrist...

wiped out the nerves in my arms

that control the hands...

rolled my fingers up into a ball.

Only left the slightest movement

of my left forefinger.
So I started answering

with some incredible lies..
Sent me to
Hanoi

strapped to a barrel of gas

in the back of a truck.
Hanoi..

on my knees.....

rope trick again..

Beaten by a big fool.
Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.
Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo..
Really bad beating

for refusing to condemn

Lyndon Johnson.
Several more kneeling events.

I could see my knee bone

thru kneeling holes.
There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior
Officer of a large building because of escape....they started a mass
torture of all commanders.
I think it was
July 7, 1969...they started beating me with a car fan
belt. In first two days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting
because I never thought I would live thru it.
They continued day-night torture to get me to confess to a non-existent
part in the escape. This went on for at least three days. On my knees....
fan belting...cut open my scrotum with fan belt stroke. opened up
both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger...I could not
lie on my back.
They tortured me into admitting

that I was in on the escape...

and that my two room-mates knew about it.
The next day I denied the lie.
They commenced torturing me again

with three- six- or nine strokes of the fan belt

every day from about July 11 or 12th..

to 14 October 1969.

I continued to refuse to lie

about my roommates again.
Now, the point of this

is that our make-believe president

has declared to the world

that we (U.S..) are a bunch of torturers....

Thus it will be OK to torture us

next time when they catch us...

because that is what the U.S. does.
Our make-believe president

is a know nothing fool

who thinks that pouring a little water

on some one's face,

or hanging a pair of women's pants

over an Arabs head is TORTURE.

He is a meathead..
I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness,

who was also in my squadron, in jail...

as was John McCain...

and we agree that McCain does not speak

for the POW group when he claims

that Al Gharib was torture...

or that "water boarding" is torture.
Our president and those fools around him

who keep bad mouthing our great country

are a disgrace to the United States .

Please pass this info on to Sean Hannity.

He is free to use it to point out

the stupidity of the claims

that water boarding...

which has no after effect....

is torture.

If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC... hurrah for the guy who poured the water.

____________________________________________________________________
"Bud" Day, Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett "Bud" Day(born
February 24, 1925) is a retired

U.S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the

Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S.

service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having

received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions

in combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment